You’ve researched many colleges and universities, narrowed it down to your favorites, and now it’s time to set up a tour! A college tour can help you to get a better feel for the school. You may have the chance to eat in the dining hall, check out the residence halls, visit classrooms and labs, and see what kind of recreational spaces are available to students.
Visiting colleges may seem overwhelming at first, but it’s good to keep in mind that they aren’t interviewing you, you are interviewing them. College tours are your chance to decide if this is a place where you could want to begin the next chapter of your life. While the options vary depending on the university, here are a few things that a college tour may include:
- A guided tour by a current student.
- Meeting other students who are also touring the university.
- Walking around the campus.
- Hearing a presentation about the college history.
- Learning about what makes the college unique.
- Information and resources to take home.
- Having opportunities to ask questions.
- Experiencing the social scene on campus.
- Meeting college admission counselors.
- Tasting the food offered on campus.
- Having time to explore on your own!
Now that you have an idea of what to expect on the university’s end of a tour, here are the top five things you can do to make the most out of your college tours!
Are you ready to schedule your college visits?
Categories: Student Resources, Visit
Leave a Reply